Al Jazeera’s Zeinab Khadem, Moustapha Nasser and Rania Khalek discuss the ‘fascists’ behind the deadly Tunisian protests

In the months since the assassination of Tunisia’s former prime minister, Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi, there has been a dramatic escalation in anti-government protests across the country.

On March 1, thousands of people stormed the national parliament, setting fire to a number of buildings and attacking security forces with rocks and bottles.

On February 12, thousands stormed the same building, attacking a police station, killing three officers and injuring a further 23.

The day before, on February 16, more than 600 people marched in the capital, Tunis, against the government’s plan to privatise the state oil company.

The rallies and demonstrations are a response to a series of economic and political developments in Tunisia.

In the past few weeks, however, these events have been increasingly targeted by the state.

On Wednesday, protesters stormed the headquarters of Tunisia-based television station Al Jazeera, killing a journalist and injuring dozens of others.

On Tuesday, a suicide bomber attacked the headquarters in the Tunisian capital, killing 17 people and injuring over 50 others.

A week later, police attacked the Tunis International Airport, killing at least 14 people and wounding several more.

The number of casualties in the protests this week have been far higher than the number of deaths and injuries, and the number has been significantly higher than that of the suicide bombers.

The police and security forces are also being targeted by a group of well-organised anti-Fascist protesters, known as the “Fascists”.

The group is linked to Tunisia’s main Islamist party, Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, which is opposed to the government.

The party has long been a target of the state and is often targeted by security forces.

On December 16, 2013, a Tunisian court convicted a former Tunisian minister of “terrorism” for allegedly being an “agent of the Fascist Group”, or FGG.

The case against the minister is currently before the court.

The FGG is part of the “Crown Conspiracy” against the Tunisians, which has been going on for more than 20 years.

In 2015, a court convicted six members of the group for “provoking or encouraging” demonstrations in the summer of 2014.

The group has repeatedly targeted the state by attacking its properties and infrastructure.

In March 2017, security forces fired tear gas at protesters who were trying to enter the presidential palace, and a few days later a car bomb exploded outside the parliament.

These attacks are part of a broader escalation in attacks on the state in recent months.

This week, police used tear gas to disperse thousands of protesters who broke through security barriers to enter Tunisian parliament.

In a separate incident, a car-bomb was detonated outside the Tunis embassy in the city of Tobruk.

This is the first time in a number or attacks that have occurred in the last few weeks that security forces have used tear-gas against protesters.

These tactics, however small they may be, have been used against the protests in Tunisia for months.

In December 2013, security services raided the offices of the Tunis-based TV station Al Arabiya, arresting the station’s editor and other employees.

In April 2014, Tunisians rioted against the appointment of Tunisian prime minister Zine El Abidine Ben Ali as head of the Central Bank.

After the unrest, security personnel stormed the offices, killing the staff.

In July 2015, the Tunis government fired the head of Tunis’ National Bank, a former bank manager who was accused of laundering billions of dollars of foreign currency.

The head of Tunisia’ National Guard was also fired for corruption, but has since been reinstated.

In February 2016, the government appointed former president Mohamed Morsi as the country’s interim prime minister.

The following month, thousands attacked the parliament, breaking into several government buildings, and torching vehicles.

In October, the prime minister of the country was removed from office by a referendum, after he refused to sign a decree that would have allowed him to step down after two years in office.

In January 2017, hundreds of thousands of Tunisians gathered in Tunis for the first anniversary of the assassination attempt of Essebib, the former prime minster who had led the country for 16 years.

After more than four days of clashes, which saw the police use tear gas and water cannon, Esseib was killed in his office.

Tunisia’s ruling party, the Ennahda party, has been deeply implicated in the violence, with thousands of members arrested in the weeks following the attack.

Ennahdads leader, Khalifa Ghannouchi, has described the violence as a “massacre”.

“We were in a state of emergency, we had no police,” he told Al Jazeera in February 2017.

“When the people got tired of being arrested, they started burning cars, looting and throwing rocks at the police.

We were not prepared for that. We